1. Warm clothes recommended by friends – snow boots and keeping my ears warm are essential! And a friend who used to live in Europe told me about fleece lined leggings 🥰 This Texas girl did NOT know about wearing tights under my trousers or wearing winter socks. Thankfully Japan taught me about Heat Tech!
2. Lazy Genius Gift Guide recommendations- I have tried the eye shadow stick, face wash, and chapstick, and Olive & June polish – they are ALL wonderful!
3. Beauty Counter Face Balm- this is my favorite of their products both as an evening cleanser and as an overnight moisturizing mask
4. No more power strip on my bedside table! I picked up this bamboo charging station and it is fabulous for eliminating the tangle of cords and devices.
5. My snowy Mountain View brings me joy and peace every time I see it! I’m so thankful that I ended up in this apartment
6. Warm beverages- I brought back 6 flavors of tea and some hot chocolate which are a beautiful way to start and end the insanely long work days
7. Global friends- in a time where we are once again isolated it is amazing to wake up to voice and text messages from friends and family
8. Journals- writing in this journal every Sunday morning has become a beautiful ritual. I still keep a lovely dotted Leuchtturm1917 for my other thoughts and plans.
9. Soup in the freezer- soup for dinner on a cold night is so very cozy! I learned from a friend in Tokyo to stop eating the same thing every night for a week and to start freezing individual servings that can stretch across the month. In a month of grading and writing reports, pulling soup out of the freezer is a life saver.
10. M&Ms – stress eating is not a habit I would recommend but a handful of M&Ms sure can make a school day less painful. If you have not tried this blend I highly recommend it!